Create Replica on SDE Table

Jump to solution
01-20-2012 04:56 AM
PaulKroseman
Occasional Contributor II
I am trying to create a one way replica of an SDE Table. The replication is created and works for synchronizing changes but the child table starts at 0 records. It is not copying the original rows from the parent table when created. Feature Classes and Feature Datasets work just fine. My tables are Versioned and have Global IDs populated.
I am using the Create Replica tool from "Data Management Tools\Distributed Database" on ArcGIS 10 SP3.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NanaDei
Esri Contributor
The default behavior for replicating tables is 'Schema Only'.
To replicate the table/records, use the Create Replica wizard from the 'Distributed Geodatabase' toolbar in ArcMap and ensure that the 'Check Out' column in the 'Advanced Create Replica Options' is changed to "All Records".
Please review the attached screenshots.
There's an enhancement request to make the default behavior 'all records' instead of 'schema only'.

Thanks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11332[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11333[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NanaDei
Esri Contributor
The default behavior for replicating tables is 'Schema Only'.
To replicate the table/records, use the Create Replica wizard from the 'Distributed Geodatabase' toolbar in ArcMap and ensure that the 'Check Out' column in the 'Advanced Create Replica Options' is changed to "All Records".
Please review the attached screenshots.
There's an enhancement request to make the default behavior 'all records' instead of 'schema only'.

Thanks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11332[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11333[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
PaulKroseman
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks. The ArcMap wizard method worked.

Is it possible to set this option in the Create Replica tool?
0 Kudos
NanaDei
Esri Contributor
Since the default for replicating standalone tables is 'schema_only' the following workaround can be used with the 'Create Replica' tool.

>>Create a model using the 'Make Table View' and the 'Create Replica' tools.
> Pass the standalone table to the 'Make Table View' tool and set a filter in the expression. eg. Objectid>=1 can be used if the entire table is being replicated.
> Pass the output of the 'Make Table View' to the 'Create Replica' tool and define the various parameters.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos