Color from Line to Points or Polygon

08-24-2015 07:13 AM
Labels (1)
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

It is frustrating when one wants to create symbols with the colors from polylines to polygons you have to create the colors 2 times.  Not a big deal when you have a handful of attribute differences to color.

However when you have hundreds of different attributes it is very time cosuming.

I would like to see the ability to use the colors for a an attribute in one feature type used in the second feature that is not the same type.

Example.  I have 573 unique line sections.  I want to color all lines and points with same color based on the LineSection attribute.  This can be quick and simply way to help find errors in data.

2 Comments
IngmarAlbinson

You can simple reuse a symbology defined in a line feature to a polygon or point feature. Export your symbology to a style and then reuse symbology by match this style in another layer.

1. Use "Export Map Styles" from one layer
  2. Use "Match to symbols in a style" in your second layer

Note: You must load icon "Export Map Styles" in Customize.

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Already Offered

Thanks for the idea!

The comment by @IngmarAlbinson is correct, styles are how users are able to reuse color schemes within ArcGIS Pro.  For more information on styles and how to use them, you can refer to the documentation linked below.

Manage Styles:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/manage-styles.htm