Unable to mention esri staff in Post

Jump to solution
11-19-2020 01:13 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I seem to be unable to "@" mention esri staff in a post.  Simply seems like they are invisible and never come back as a possible choice. 

Anyone else see this behavior?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Okay, it just turns out that the "@" mention is just twitchy, to the point of being persnickety.

If I am looking at a blog https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis/announcements/so-long-internet-explorer-11/ and hover over the author's name, I see kgerrow in the link to the author's blog page.  Seems reasonable to me that this would be usable as an @kgerrow mention, but it is not.  Ok, fair enough, Esri wants me to put the person's entire name in.  @KellyGerrow-Wilcox  Nope, that isn't good either.  Okay, that is a married, hyphenated name, so ignore that.  @KellyGerrow Hey, it worked!  

The thing that was really throwing me was that if you put in a mention that fails, like @kgerrow , you cannot then go back and fix it.  It seems like as soon as you "leave" the active "@" it cements itself and you can't go modify it into something that would work. 

Verdict:  Functional, but very klunky.

Jay
Washoe County GIS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Just tried with Xander Bakker and you are correct, he's not a choice. Neither is Chris Fox.  These guys have been vital to me!!!

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@MichelleMathias 

I can tag Michelle Maybe their screen name is different on geonet 

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Okay, it just turns out that the "@" mention is just twitchy, to the point of being persnickety.

If I am looking at a blog https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis/announcements/so-long-internet-explorer-11/ and hover over the author's name, I see kgerrow in the link to the author's blog page.  Seems reasonable to me that this would be usable as an @kgerrow mention, but it is not.  Ok, fair enough, Esri wants me to put the person's entire name in.  @KellyGerrow-Wilcox  Nope, that isn't good either.  Okay, that is a married, hyphenated name, so ignore that.  @KellyGerrow Hey, it worked!  

The thing that was really throwing me was that if you put in a mention that fails, like @kgerrow , you cannot then go back and fix it.  It seems like as soon as you "leave" the active "@" it cements itself and you can't go modify it into something that would work. 

Verdict:  Functional, but very klunky.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for my first mention on the new platform @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty 

I guess my gig is up that I haven't fully changed my last name yet 😉 

Happy to officially be tagged now and am not the 3rd Chris Fox @ChrisFox 

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Joe,

See my other post in this thread.  It works, it is just fussy.

This works:  @Anonymous User

Jay
Washoe County GIS
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Okay great!  That's not too bad then.  @ChrisFox is there too so I can still survive in ArcadeLand and AttributeRulesLand...  😌

That should just about do it....