Error: "community.esri.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies."

06-29-2022 03:32 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Does anybody else get this error from the Esri Community website in Chrome?

This page isn't working

community.esri.com redirected you too many times.

Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Bud_1-1656498729505.png

It happens about once per week for me.
Clearing cookies solves it. So it's not a huge deal, just inconvenient.

Does anyone else get that error? I don't get it for any other websites. Just the Esri Community.

Chrome Version 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (64-bit). Windows 10.

33 Replies
MarcusAndersson
New Contributor III

Yeah, I get this too now all the time (Edge).

Can't open it in a regular browser session even after clearing cookies and now I have to open it up in incognito-mode all the time which is really inconvenient (re-log ins etc) and a pain really since I have to browse the forums daily to look up things that doesn't work as intended in the AGE-platform in itself..

Just fix it, thanks.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

We are sorry for the inconvenience, @MarcusAndersson, and recognize your point that the multiple logins isn't ideal. This issue you're describing is typically due to a conflict some users experience when they have their Esri Community and ArcGIS Online accounts both open in the same browser at the same time. Clearing cookies will often resolve this for users, but there have been some instances where that's not the case and using Incognito mode for one of the two accounts is the necessary solution. Our team has investigated the issue to determine whether there's a reasonable, permanent fix that can be implemented, but have concluded it's not something we're able to put in place for the time being. We are genuinely sorry for any extra steps or frustration this is causing you and hope that Esri Community continues to otherwise supply you with useful information and collaboration. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
MarcusAndersson
New Contributor III

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the swift answer!

However, I don't have the ArcGIS Online account (whatever that means..?🙂) open in the same browser at the same time. I seldom do use AGOL at all since we're on an Enterprise-solution connected to our AD. So it seems to be something else going on here.. I'm happy to assist you with details if you want someone to look deeper into it.

BR,
Marcus

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

For what it's worth, I don't use AGOL either, and experience the issue occasionally too.

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

This is good to know and the follow-up is appreciated, @MarcusAndersson and @Bud. We've re-opened an investigation into this issue (@SimiBasu, tagging for your visibility). 

@MindiHarrah and @DwightWalker, thanks for replying with some details about your own experiences and what has resolved the issue for you!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
MindiHarrah
New Contributor II

I found the issue only happened after I had opened the IMGIS 2022 website to view sessions and recordings. As long as I open IMGIS 2022 website in a different browser (I use Firefox) then I no longer get this error. Are you opening any other Esri sites?

0 Kudos
DwightWalker
New Contributor II

I got this error again on Firefox so clicked on padlock, clicked clear cookies and site data, reloaded and OK.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox

0 Kudos
MindiHarrah
New Contributor II

So I would open IMGIS 2022 in Firefox and open Esri Community in Chrome keeping them separate. With this system I don't get the error.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

For what it’s worth, I got the "too m any redirects" error in Safari on my iPad this morning.

Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred.

I couldn’t find a way to only clear the cache for a specific website in Safari. So I had to clear the entire cache, meaning I lost some useful stuff that was cached for other websites. That wasn’t ideal.

Bud_0-1676042477116.png

Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Just a heads up to Esri:

I've been getting this error a LOT in the last couple of days. Whereas in previous months, I was hardly ever getting the error.