Select to view content in your preferred language

Link descriptions not working in Series

Jump to solution
07-30-2015 09:59 AM
BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gregory,

I'm having an issue with link descriptions not working in the side accordion and tabbed themed story maps.  They work fine in the story map tour.  Have you seen this issue before?

Thank you,

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Ok cool. Got you, yes you can do that. Highlight some text and then click the link button.

The link will reuse your text

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

They work in this example...

http://mediamaps.esri.com/2014-olympics-team-usa/

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

Are you using Story Map Series, see Story Map Series | Story Maps, the link you is a deprecated template that was called Side Accordion. Story Map Series now integrate a Side Accordion layout.

To edit your description, unlike Map Tour, you will have a little text editor that will let you create link interactively. So you don't have to know about HTML, you will do everything in there.

All the capabilities of the deprecated Side Accordion are in Story Map Series.

Hope this will work for you

0 Kudos
BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Yep, I'm using the Story Map Series.  The link above was just an example of how I'd like to implement a link description.  The text editor in the Story Map Series allows you to add a link, but no description for the link.  All other AGO products allow the user to add a link description....not sure why this one does not.

Thank you sir,

Bill

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Ok cool. Got you, yes you can do that. Highlight some text and then click the link button.

The link will reuse your text

BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hahaha!  That's too easy.....

Thank you Gregory!

0 Kudos