Select to view content in your preferred language

How do we hide fields in the Countdown Story Map app?

02-11-2014 06:17 AM
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor
I see no way to prevent a field in the uploaded data table from appearing in this map template.  For example, our users wont want to see the lat/long values.  They don't need to see values in the count field, either, since that is already presented by the icon.

I thought that configuring the popup in the map at AGOL might change what appears in this app.  But I see nothing changing.

How can we do this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeeBock
New Contributor III
Hi Don,

Can you share the app (or minimally, send a screenshot of what you're seeing)?  I'd to take a look at how the app is configured.  You should be able to hide fields.

Lee
0 Kudos
DonBarker
Occasional Contributor
Lee,

Thanks for taking time to reply.  Turns out that I resolved this.  I see now that configuring the popup in the map that contains the location points also changes the fields list in the Countdown app.  That's what I expected.  But I was not seeing the expected results, because fields were covered by the overview map (not to mention some operator error.  :-]  )

Anyway, the "Search for Frederick Douglass's Birthplace" map app is here, just in time for Black History Month:

http://tinyurl.com/searchfd

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
LeeBock
New Contributor III
Glad it worked out, Don.  App looks great!

Lee
0 Kudos