Select to view content in your preferred language

Calcite Components - How can I resize the text and thumbnail within a tip manager component?

Jump to solution
11-15-2022 11:21 AM
ArianaBernal
New Contributor III

Hi I have been trying to resize the the thumbnail which is in the tip manager calcite component. I have checked the examples I could find and the documentation available for tips, tip groups, and tip managers and couldn't find any settings for resizing or controlling this element.

Calcite Tip - https://developers.arcgis.com/calcite-design-system/components/tip/#sample

Calcite Tip manager - https://developers.arcgis.com/calcite-design-system/components/tip-manager/

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KittyHurley
Esri Contributor

@ArianaBernal wrote:

Thanks for your help @KittyHurley. This does fix the resizing of the image element but when the image is made larger it just starts to scroll. I have been trying to resize the group which holds the content itself. modifying the tip group and searching in the dev tools to modify the set classes but this does not seem to affect it. Do you know if this part can also be modified? Screenshot 2022-11-16 103434.png

You could use the --calcite-tip-manager-height CSS variable to modify the height - updated the Codepen sample to include the CSS variable.

There's also a new page available with some context on web concepts, which includes some information on CSS variables and other concepts for some more in-depth background and context.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KittyHurley
Esri Contributor

Hi @ArianaBernal - thanks for reaching out! The thumbnail can be altered with CSS.

Here's a Codepen example setting the height and width to all thumbnails residing inside a tip. You could also add in constraints to those in a tip group, or set a class or ID to a few or individual tip thumbnails as well.

ArianaBernal
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help @KittyHurley. This does fix the resizing of the image element but when the image is made larger it just starts to scroll. I have been trying to resize the group which holds the content itself. modifying the tip group and searching in the dev tools to modify the set classes but this does not seem to affect it. Do you know if this part can also be modified? Screenshot 2022-11-16 103434.png

0 Kudos
KittyHurley
Esri Contributor

@ArianaBernal wrote:

You could use the --calcite-tip-manager-height CSS variable to modify the height - updated the Codepen sample to include the CSS variable.

There's also a new page available with some context on web concepts, which includes some information on CSS variables and other concepts for some more in-depth background and context.

0 Kudos
ArianaBernal
New Contributor III

Perfect! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos