Select to view content in your preferred language

Geometry not generated by immediate calculation for insert action

09-08-2023 12:25 AM
HNTZK46
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I am trying to create an arcade code for immediate calculation to generate a geometry feature.

I have managed to create a code for updating the attributes of a Polygon feature class when there is a change in the attributes of a Table feature class. For the insert action, I have used a filter function to join the two feature classes and then employed a Geometry function to create a new feature's geometry. However, the code for the insert action does not work for some reason. I have been investigating a workaround, but I haven't had any luck yet.

Greatly appreciate it if anyone could point out what I am doing wrong.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

So what exactly is the problem?

• Feature isn't created
  • Feature is created (there is a row in the attribute table), but without geometry
  • An error occurs (error message?)
  • Something other

First thing I'd check id that your Park_ID can actually be found in the National_parks.CODE field. If not, the rule will abort in line 12.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
HNTZK46
Emerging Contributor

The problem is any Feature of the Polygon layer (both attribute and Geometry) is not created even if I create a new record in a Table feature class.

To make sure if the filter works or not, I have applied the filter (line 8, 9 and 10) for Update, and update works fine with this filter setting, i.e. Park_ID was found in the National_parks.CODE field. 

I have also tested another thing - if I did not include the geometry (exclude line 17), a row of the attribute was created successfully in the Polygon layer but of course with no geometry.

This is the situation that I have come across and struggling to work around.

By the way the @Key in line 10 in my actual code is small case. For some reasons, it became a proper case when I past the code into this post.

0 Kudos
HNTZK46
Emerging Contributor

Found a solution - Split the code into two rules for each of insert and update, then it works.

However, still uncertain why the single code with both insert and update did not work.

0 Kudos