Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcReader under Add or Remove Programs?

03-18-2010 03:05 PM
ArcGISUser
Frequent Contributor
Should I see ArcReader listed under Add or Remove Programs?  I successfully installed ArcReader on my laptop and I was using it for a couple of hours.  Then with ArcReader running, I unplugged my laptop thinking it had some reserved battery power so that I could move it to another cubicle...  Once I pulled the plug, the laptop shutdown on me with both ArcReader and ArcMap open.  When I tried rebooting my machine, I realized that I could not get ArcReader to launch.  When I clicked on my pmf, I received an error message saying that Arc Reader is not installed on my machine.  ArcReader is not listed under Add or Remove Programs... Should it be there?  I will probably reinstall ArcReader on my laptop.  I can launch ArcMap, but start up seems incredibly slow after 3 reboots.  Maybe I need to do a repair install for ArcGIS Desktop...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArcGISUser
Frequent Contributor
Reinstalled ArcReader and now it is under Add or Remove Programs.  Strange how it disappeared like that...  I tried doing a repair install on ArcGIS Desktop, but after seeing that it was going to take 88 minutes, then 98 minutes, 108 and then 118 minutes left to complete, I killed it.:o  I will just unistall and reinstall desktop.
0 Kudos