Select to view content in your preferred language

Syncing Arcpad and ArcGIS online

04-29-2015 08:01 AM
JohnStudley1
Deactivated User

Sirs

I have been using arcmap, arcpad and arcgis online off and online for about two years, mostly in the context of bio-cultural audits of Sacred Natural Sites in SW China
I am suggesting to Chinese colleagues that they consider both arcpad and arcgis online (there are Chinese versions of both)
I have told them that they can sync data collected on arcpad with arcgis online.
Although I know this is possible (from the literature) I am having problems setting up syncing between arcpad and arcgis online. When I try to create layers I am not presented with an ArcGis online option (even though I am signed into ArcGis online)
In the past I have transferred data both ways manually
Please can you help me set up syncing - step by step
Very Best Regards
Dr John Studley
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi John,

I have used ArcPad quite a bit in the past, but not with ArcGIs Online yet.  I did come across this video though.  Have you watched it, and did it help?

ArcPad | Demos - Learn How Customers Incorporate ArcPad into their Projects

It may help to know which version of ArcPad you are using too.  That may determine the features available with Online.  I'm still using an older version, so I can't help much more with the Online syncing at this time.

0 Kudos
JohnStudley1
Deactivated User

Hi Rebecca

Many thanks for your help - I was using arcpad 10 but have upgraded to arcpad 10.2

I think the problem lies with ArcMap 10.1 because I cannot find the ArcGIS online server

I can log onto to ArcGIS online from ArcMap 10.1 but I need to connect with the server to sync with arcpad

Regards

John

0 Kudos