Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing Related Table Sample .vbs Script

04-05-2010 09:37 AM
DaytonPoff
Occasional Contributor
I have an ArcPad project with a geodatbase feature class linked via relationship to another table.

I have taken the sample "Inspections.vbs" script included in the Riverside project with ArcPad 8.0 and customized it to fit my data.

I've also used ArcPad Studio to mirror the sample .axf setup as much as possible, yet when I open my project in ArcPad the script throws an error.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JaneOnorati
Regular Contributor
I'd like to do the same, but can't find Inspections.vbs you refer to.  Where did you find it?

-Jane
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
Occasional Contributor
Hi Jane,

If ArcPad is installed in the default directory then here is the path to the script.

C:\Program Files\ArcPad 8.0\Developer\Samples\RelatedTables\RelatedTablesForm\Inspections.vbs
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
Regular Contributor
I have ArcPad 8.0 installed, but do not have any directory called RelatedTables in the developer samples directory.  I also searched the whole ArcPad folder for Inspections.vbs and found nothing.
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
Occasional Contributor
This sample may have been included with Service Pack 3. Open ArcPad and Click the glowing ArcPad button. Then click About ArcPad to see if you have Version 8.0 SP3 (Build 7).

I downloaded the service pack from ESRI's website at the following link.
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=listPatches&PID=26

Unfortunately you have to completey uninstall ArcPad and then reinstall the service pack. If you want to do that and let me know how it goes you can email me or just reply back on this forum.

-Dayton
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
Regular Contributor
Dayton,

I don't have SP3 installed, and would rather not upgrade at this time.  Could you post the file to this thread?

-Jane
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
Occasional Contributor
Jane,

I am checking with ESRI to make sure there are no legal ramifications for posting the sample to this thread.
I'll know something soon.

Thanks,
Dayton
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Frequent Contributor
I am also trying this.....and dotn have the example....maybe I will download SP3....but dotn know if that is going to mess anything else up.....Fix one thing and break 5 others...

I can grab some form varaibles
Build the SQL statement
Execute the statement

I then verifyed that the record was in the related table in ArcPAD (related Table Tab)
BUT when I import it back into ArcMap the record does not coem in

The only way I can get it to import in is if I create it manually in the Related table tab....The SQL statement is creating the record but not coming back when import to ArcMap

SEE MY POST "Update Related Table " for code examples etc......
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Frequent Contributor
I GOT IT...LOOK AT my post if you want the code I used to do this...."Update Related Table "

Again I am updating a related table that was brought out to ArcPAD through the ArcPAD data manager.
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
Regular Contributor
Dayton,  I went ahead and upgraded to ArcPad 8.0.3, so you don't need to upload Inspections.vbs for me.  Thanks for trying to help!  Now I've started trying to reuse the code for my project.  I thought it was funny that this script was described as being created to be as simple as possible - with slightly over 600 lines of code (including comments)!  Mine will need to work for multiple pages since I have a lot of fields, but otherwise should be similar.  I'm going to look at jaykappy's post he mentioned also.
0 Kudos