zipper task in .NET for ArcGIS 10

09-03-2010 12:47 AM
16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
We'll put the updated version in the code gallery next week.

Can you tell me a bit about how you use the current tool at 9.3?

Thanks
0 Kudos
tonydavid
New Contributor III
thanks! I've been using this to 'snap' polygons (i.e. boundaries etc) with lines.

can u help post the weblink here once its uploaded? cheers.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
The ArcGIS10 zipper tool has been posted to the code gallery.
See the ReadMe.txt file within the download for instructions.

Zipper Tool Link
0 Kudos
jeffmcleroy
New Contributor
Sean,

We cannot seem to register the .dll using ESRIRegASM.  Please see the attached snapshot of the command we are using, the error and the contents of the folder where the .dll is located.

Are we missing something obvious?  We used the zipper task all the time in 9.3 and need it for 10!

Thanks,
Jeff McLeroy
City of Greenville, SC
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
Once you extract the project are you building it? I see the same error message if I don't build the project prior to registering.
0 Kudos
jeffmcleroy
New Contributor
Can you explain building the project?  Sorry this is new to me.
0 Kudos
CarmenDurham
From another user at the City of Greenville:

Okay - I brought in the project into VS2008 and tried to build it but received 29 errors and many more warnings. 

The problem is that VS2008 is on a computer with only ArcGIS 9.3.1.  I believe that is why it won't build.  But then again, I use VS2008 for other purposes (and not often) and have not even looked at customizing ArcGIS with .net.  So, it may be that I just don't know what I am doing!

We cannot load VS2008 onto the PC with ArcGIS 10.  Jeff had offered to install ArcGIS 10 on his PC to test it with all of our editing procedures before we started a mass installation city-wide.  The first thing he wanted was the zipper tool.  He's our guinea pig (I am sure he will appreciate that). 

Is there any way to build this project in VS2008 on a PC with ArcGIS 9.3.1 installed or from Jeff's PC with ArcGIS 10 but no Visual Studio?   I could have sworn I thought this tool was going to be made a  standard out of the box tool. 

Thanks,
Carmen
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Please try the attached:

The project needs to be compiled against the same ArcGIS version as it will be used with. This is built for 10. You can register with the ESRIRegAsm utility from:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin

Here is a link to some documentation on this.
ESRIRegAsm
0 Kudos
CarmenDurham
John,

Thank you for the reply.

I downloaded the .zip file but I receive a "zip file invalid or corrupt" error when I attempt to extract or even explore it.  Would you please try to upload the file again? 

Thanks,
Carmen
0 Kudos