.net Add-in Deployment Crashes

Jump to solution
05-31-2012 12:06 PM
DanBeatty
New Contributor II
I have an add-in that uses a button to open a dockable window with listboxes and textboxes. This all works without issue on the development machine or any machine that seems to have the SDK installed. On client machines that have just the desktop software installed the add-in installs succefully but when the button is pushed to open the window ArcMap crashes. I assume this is an issue with assembly references but I'm not sure where to start. I'm developing with VS 2008 EE.

I can try to provide more details if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
what controls do you have on the dockable window?  Do these controls reference assemblies not on the target?  Do you have exception handling on all your events in the dockable window?  If so you should be able to handle the exception and write out the message.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
what controls do you have on the dockable window?  Do these controls reference assemblies not on the target?  Do you have exception handling on all your events in the dockable window?  If so you should be able to handle the exception and write out the message.
0 Kudos
DanBeatty
New Contributor II
I had a line being drawn in my dockable window that was referenceing the Microsoft.viusalbasic.Powerpacks. When I included this dll in the add-in depolyment all worked fine. I ended up just removing the line to remove the need to include this file.

Thanks for the assistance.
0 Kudos