Custom toolset installation error in ArcGIS 10

04-11-2011 09:01 AM
YinghongLi
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have a set of ArcObject tools using AG10.  I used VS10 setup project to create a setup.exe.  I followed instructions in ArcGIS help "How to deploy a custom component using a setup project"  However when I installed the toolset on a test pc I got this error and installation process was aborted.

Error 1001. Process must exit before requested information can be determined

then I installed it again the installation process went through.  This error did not happen all the time.  It is on an off.

Please help.

Thanks

Yinghong Li
0 Kudos
7 Replies
SumitSharma
New Contributor III
Hello Li,

Try to follow steps described in the following video to create custom set-up project in ArcGIS 10.0.

--http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/video/arcgis-engin/details?entryID=A88BC573-1422-2418-341C-E29BC...

Cheers!!
Sumit
0 Kudos
SobodhDangwal
New Contributor III
Hi Guys

I am having the same problem, in my case it never installs and throws the same error above. Tried opening the link suggested by Sumit by seems like the link doesn't exist anymore.

Could some one help here please, I need to get this work as we have to migrate to ArcGIS 10 soon
0 Kudos
SumitSharma
New Contributor III
Hello Li,

I tried clicking on the link and it works. There is a video which you can download that provide details on How to deploy your applications in ArcGIS 10.0

Cheers!!
Sumit
0 Kudos
MichaelTsengouras
New Contributor
I just tried to sownload the Video, and it no longer works.
0 Kudos
YaminiManickam
New Contributor III
Please try to perform a google search on the title of the video which is "DS2009: Deploying ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Engine Applications in .NET".
0 Kudos
TrentHardy
New Contributor
I realize this is an old thread, but I ran into the same problem (and couldn't find a solution) and think I found a fix. So (hopefully) for future reference...

In the installer class utilized by the msi (as depicted in this How to), ESRIRegAsm is called through the below command:

Dim exitCode As Integer = ExecuteCommand(cmd1, cmd2, 10000)

The third argument is the timeout for executing the command. I bumped my timeout length to 20 seconds (20000) and I haven't seen the install error since.
0 Kudos
PrzemyslawTyrtania
New Contributor
I realize this is an old thread, but I ran into the same problem (and couldn't find a solution) and think I found a fix. So (hopefully) for future reference...

In the installer class utilized by the msi (as depicted in this How to), ESRIRegAsm is called through the below command:

Dim exitCode As Integer = ExecuteCommand(cmd1, cmd2, 10000)

The third argument is the timeout for executing the command. I bumped my timeout length to 20 seconds (20000) and I haven't seen the install error since.

Thanks, this fixed the problem for me.
0 Kudos