technical assistant

Jump to solution
07-19-2021 03:33 AM
Minthangtouthang
New Contributor

hi, my name is Minthang(amos) very new to this place and stuck at the very first moment. so, i'm looking for your guidance.

i recently purchased arcgis personal use version and but couldn't proceed further. i don't really know if i took the wrong step in installation process or maybe lack of knowledge in the installation process.

i couldn't access my license and i'm being asked to produced developer subscription code which i'm not familiar with at all.

looking forward to your assistance'

thanks,

amos 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS for Personal Use includes "Installation Support". The best way is to contact Esri Technical Support to guide you through the entire installation process.

Meanwhile, you must have received an Order Fulfillment Confirmation email from Esri , consisting of the URL of your fulfillment page in My Esri (similar to https://my.esri.com/#/fulfillment/1234567890). Go to the link and login using the given Esri account.

Software can be downloaded from MyEsri > My Downloads > Choose the appropriate product (ArcMap/ ArcGIS Pro).

JayantaPoddar_0-1626691833203.png

For authorizing ArcMap (Single-Use), the authorization keycode can be found under My Organizations > Licensing > Click on "ArcGIS for Personal Use". You will see a code starting with ESU*********. Note the keycode. Check the steps Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features to authorize ArcMap.

For activating ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro

Copy-paste the Fulfillment page URL again (from your email). On this page you will see the option to Activate your ArcGIS Online subscription. Follow the instructions to activate ArcGIS Online.

JayantaPoddar_0-1626693250719.png

Once activated, login to your ArcGIS Online page (www.arcgis.com) > Organization > Members > Select the checkbox for the user > Click "Manage add-on licenses"

JayantaPoddar_1-1626692661391.png

Select ArcGIS Pro with all the extensions > Save.

Think Location

View solution in original post

8 Replies
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps you should call ESRI Technical Support

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support 

Regards,

Bert

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS for Personal Use includes "Installation Support". The best way is to contact Esri Technical Support to guide you through the entire installation process.

Meanwhile, you must have received an Order Fulfillment Confirmation email from Esri , consisting of the URL of your fulfillment page in My Esri (similar to https://my.esri.com/#/fulfillment/1234567890). Go to the link and login using the given Esri account.

Software can be downloaded from MyEsri > My Downloads > Choose the appropriate product (ArcMap/ ArcGIS Pro).

JayantaPoddar_0-1626691833203.png

For authorizing ArcMap (Single-Use), the authorization keycode can be found under My Organizations > Licensing > Click on "ArcGIS for Personal Use". You will see a code starting with ESU*********. Note the keycode. Check the steps Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features to authorize ArcMap.

For activating ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro

Copy-paste the Fulfillment page URL again (from your email). On this page you will see the option to Activate your ArcGIS Online subscription. Follow the instructions to activate ArcGIS Online.

JayantaPoddar_0-1626693250719.png

Once activated, login to your ArcGIS Online page (www.arcgis.com) > Organization > Members > Select the checkbox for the user > Click "Manage add-on licenses"

JayantaPoddar_1-1626692661391.png

Select ArcGIS Pro with all the extensions > Save.

Think Location
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is great Jayanta. Maybe you should convert this to a document as there have been a lot of questions along these lines.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sure. I will do that. There has been recent changes in the User Type and other offered bundles. I will purchase a Personal Use License shortly, and document the latest step-by-step methodology.

Thanks for the advice 😊

Think Location
0 Kudos
ChrisDaviddd
New Contributor

Hey am also not able to upload my profile here i guess its really a technical issue.

Thank you

Chris David

0 Kudos
Layelmam_Mohammed
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta

I activate my ArcGIS for Personal Use, but i don't received an order confirmation to create my account ArcGIS online.
Can you helpe me t solve this issue.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will receive an "Order Fulfillment Confirmation..." email to the email address linked to your Esri Account (that you used while purchasing the account).

JayantaPoddar_0-1636024682096.png

Sometimes it may take a while. Just ensure that you are looking in the correct email ID, and also search in the Junk/Spam folder.

Think Location
0 Kudos
Layelmam_Mohammed
New Contributor II
No, I received nothing
0 Kudos