Spatial Join Result have JOIN_COUNT= 0

04-13-2022 07:28 AM
Labels (3)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to join two polygons with Spatial Join. My process;

YaseminKarakas_0-1649859853249.png

When the process is complete, I get the value of JOIN_COUNT= O in the output data. And the fields in that features are null.

YaseminKarakas_1-1649860001685.png

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

maybe "completely contains" is the wrong type of join to use.

Your map would help. 

Also, are both are in the same coordinate system?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

If you check:

That the two input layers are in the same spatial reference,

That polygons in GT_10_Acre_File_Merge actually do fall completely within the bounds of the Geogia_Counties_Single_Part polygon file and;

That both files do not have coordinate geometry errors. 

and it all checks out (and I suspect it will) I would try using the one-to-many option.  

The resulting Spatial Join file will have County Polygons showing one row for each 10_Acre_Merge_Polygon that falls within it.

KimGarbade_0-1649872007612.png

If everything checks out and this doesn't work then I can't fathom why no results.... maybe try switching up you inputs for example below show all of the smaller polygons that are completely within a larger polygon.  

KimGarbade_1-1649872573453.png

0 Kudos
JeffHouser
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

To me, if you want to join the 10_Acre_Merge_Polygon (join) to the County Polygons (target), you should select one-to-many, because multiple 10_Acre_Merge_Polygon (join) features may be found to have the same spatial relationship with a single County Polygon (target feature).  Yes, I would suggest changing "completely contains"  to "intersect".  

- Jeff

0 Kudos