Basemap's incorrect draw order bug

08-15-2018 04:47 PM
AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

Noticed a bit of an annoying bug with World Imagery basemaps, if you zoom in closer than 1:1500 the basemap jumps out of the correct TOC order and is all that appears on the map, essentially it moves to the top.  Actually the trigger is somewhere between 1:1700 and 1:1650.  

It also causes a major CPU spike and ArcMap freezes for a couple of minutes before becoming responsive again.

Currently affecting South Australia, ArcMap Version 10.6.8321

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should report it since you have simple enough documentation to reproduce it.

Esri Support Home  then support options, request case

0 Kudos
AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

Great idea but unfortunately this:

**** Services (151230)

You do not have access to request a support case because this Esri Account is not connected to an organization in My Esri. 

Connect to your organization by requesting premissons in My Esri. Request Permissions in My Esri
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Andrew... always forget those that don't have permissions.  Which leaves you to report it to the person in your organization that has contact permission IF.... you belong to an organization.  There was a one time a web-form which I don't see or start a 'Chat'.

Since there isn't a 'Basemap' Place or Space, you could 'Share' (top right) to Mapping‌ or Mapping and Charting‌ or if your software is ….ArcGIS Pro‌ you could share there.

George Thompson‌ might know how to circumvent the non-admin bug finds since he participated in this conversation 3 years ago

https://community.esri.com/thread/165871 

Good luck

0 Kudos
AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan, I am part of an organisation and the organisation has a premium subscription.  There's some issue that has to do with sign in of one account to one part of esri isn't necessarily connected to other parts of esri.  The person in my organisation who approves memberships is on leave.  I just wanted to report the issue as I think it could impact a lot of people.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Good idea... You can get multiple added to your organization (If you bug them enough with things to pass on, they will put you on )

You could try 'Chat' or hopefully George or someone can provide some extra help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am not sure of the correct process now.

Kory Kramer‌ how can someone log a defect that is not an authorized caller?

--- George T.
0 Kudos