ArcMap's html popup won't launch document

03-15-2019 04:00 PM
DianaHutt
New Contributor II

Hello, I am new here and need a little help. I have one ArcMap desktop 10.4 user that cannot get her html tool to launch the .pdf.

I have installed ArcMap desktop 100 times and never had this problem. Our IT department states the machines are all set up the same so it can’t be a setting issue.

Here are some things I know:

-IT states this computer is set up identical to all others that run successfully.

-We use the html pop up on our “Structure”  and “Parcel” Layers. It works with everyone but hers. 

-She can use the html popup tool but it will not launch the .pdf in internet explorer like all other machines

-After the initial install I can launch the html ONCE and it works (successfully launching .pdf with IE).

-I can restart ArcMap a few times and get the one initial launch and then it quits all together. (the tool will not launch          the .pdf)

-I have uninstalled completely ArcMap and it will work once again like the above mention.

-I have tested other known–to-work scrips with no help.

-Using other known successful .mxds do not solve the problem.

-I have tried creating from scratch a new .mxd and it still does not work.

-IT has looked to make sure her setting with Adobe and IE are the same across machines.

-We have made sure extensions are opened with the correct application.

-I have match ArcMap Options with other known successful users with no improvement.

-We have tested other successful scripts with no luck in getting it to launch.  

Is there something I am missing? Is there something else I can check?  I know the script is fine and feel like ArcMap will not correctly launch the .pdf.

0 Kudos
0 Replies