ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1- BUG Causes Crash

07-30-2018 08:12 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I have a file geodatabase with a point ferature class. One of the fields in the FC is a raster type.

when adding a .png file to the raster field and clicking save edits ArcMap crashes (100% of the time)

is this a bug or a an issue with my setup

Win10 64bit -OS

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Yes I believe it will fix your issue.

Christine

0 Kudos
JasonThomas1
New Contributor

Christine, thanks that did fix the crashing problem I was having. I can now split polygons extensively without problems. 

0 Kudos
AARONHOSFORD
New Contributor II

I installed all patches. Still crashing.

0 Kudos
AARONHOSFORD
New Contributor II

Still crashing here even after the patch.  I am not sure if it is selections that is causing it to crash because it seems to be crashing at random.  It has happened while conducting selections, opening models/tools from toolbox, saving or just using the search function.  It will stay open for a few minutes then crashes.  Only solution so far is to save often and re-open.  

I have also noticed that sometimes before it crashes the right edge of models, tools or attribute tables loose definition/grey's out and the folder icon's in the catalog tree turn to black squares.

I have installed all patches, still crashing.

Windows 10 64 bit 16 gig's ram

Ryzom 5 2600

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

0 Kudos
DonnaRiebe
New Contributor III

I also have this issue, I am trying to edit a polygon feature class in a file geodatabase with less than 200 polygons and can make it less than 5 minutes before having a system crash and getting kicked out of ArcGIS.  Aside for being extremely frustrating for me, we are set to upgrade our large user base in the next week or so to 10.6.1.  As part of the technical support team I currently cannot deal with this on MY machine, nor the hundred or so people who will be upgraded.  Is there a fix for this, or is it something we need to live with?

0 Kudos