Workforce Survey123 integration

05-02-2017 06:18 PM
DavidOrridgee
New Contributor

Just noticed the latest update of workforce includes mapping to surveys at the assignment type level....

"There are key new enhancements for the mobile worker and project owner. As the Project Owner, you can now choose a web map or survey at the assignment type level when defining the app integration with Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 for ArcGIS. This means that you can design surveys and web maps that are focused on the specific task that your mobile worker needs to complete."

So now I can now select a sewer or water job in Workforce and open the appropriate survey in Survey123 and the location in Workforce populates the  geopoint question in survey123, this is great.

But there was also talk of pre filling the workOrderId  from Workforce to Survey123. Is this part of the latest update? if so how is the configured?

cheers

24 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback on our latest update; glad you'll find it useful.

You're correct, there was and still is talk about passing values from Workforce to the apps it launches (Collector or Survey123).  This capability is not in our latest update but is in our roadmap and I'm hoping we can have it available after the User Conference this year.

Craig

RichardAddison
New Contributor II

Hi: Glad to hear it is still on the roadmap. This functionality is critical to our use cases. Not currently using Workforce as part of our solution (work orders for utility operations) due to this missing functionality. Need to have a specific instance of a Survey123 or Collector form populated with unique identifiers from the work order to positively link the two. 

Cheers,

Rich

ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

I would certainly second that - it would really open up Workforce for us.  Are there any updates for when this might be available (I know you guys get asked that a lot so apologies in advance) 🙂

Thanks for all of your hard work

Col

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

Yes, we're working on this now for a late July / early August release.

We'll provide the ability to pass the Work Order ID and/or Location text to Survey123 and Collector (when Collector is updated to support it)

Craig

AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Craig,

When you say have the ability, do you mean that it's configurable with only those fields to chose from or other fileds can be selected (eg. GlobalID).

Thanks

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Anthony,

We'll be providing the ability to only specify those two fields to pass information from Workforce to Survey123/Collector.  Those are the fields most requested by users.  That doesn't mean we won't consider expanding the list in future releases to allow other fields.

If you have use cases / examples where passing the other field information would be useful, please let us know.

Craig

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Craig,

Assignment GlobalID will be critical for us because the way our assets for property (eg. fire panels, doors, water backflow valves) are managed for inspection. We don't use a Work Order system (it's actually a spreadsheet) and therefore can't get a unqiue Work Order ID. The AssetID is going to be used as the Work Order ID so the asset for inspection can be easily seen in the Workforce app. All of our analytics we be done on the relationship of the assignment's GlobalID passed into a hidden text field within Survey123. We would still like to pass Work Order ID field as well to show the contractor in Survey123 that is what they are inspecting.

Thanks

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Anthony,

Thanks for the additional information, I've made sure to add this to our issue on the backlog.

Once we have the initial framework in place to allow Work Order ID and/or Location be passed from Workforce to Collector/Survey123; we'll look at including the ability for other fields; such as the GlobalID field.

Craig

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Craig,

What I am looking to do is pass dates to a survey123 project.  Since, Workforce has limited capabilities on the initial creating of a work order and is really basic without a lot of back end work-a-rounds, I would like to move the whole thing out to a Survey123 form, which will then serve as all the information in one spot for a record without a lot of hassle.  Really, all I need is a the creation date to pass through.  Is that possible?

0 Kudos