Workforce Survey123 integration

05-02-2017 06:18 PM
DavidOrridgee
New Contributor

Just noticed the latest update of workforce includes mapping to surveys at the assignment type level....

"There are key new enhancements for the mobile worker and project owner. As the Project Owner, you can now choose a web map or survey at the assignment type level when defining the app integration with Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 for ArcGIS. This means that you can design surveys and web maps that are focused on the specific task that your mobile worker needs to complete."

So now I can now select a sewer or water job in Workforce and open the appropriate survey in Survey123 and the location in Workforce populates the  geopoint question in survey123, this is great.

But there was also talk of pre filling the workOrderId  from Workforce to Survey123. Is this part of the latest update? if so how is the configured?

cheers

24 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Elle,

Thanks for asking this question, it's an interesting discussion.

When an integration is made between Workforce and Collector or Survey123; Workforce supplies the lat,long of the assignment to either Collector or Survey123 with the assumption that, it provides the user with a starting point.  The user can then choose to either user that point or edit the location.

In Survey123, you'll have 3 choices:

- Keep the geopoint at the location specified

- Use the GPS tool to indicate you want the point to be located at your current location

- Open the Map and recenter the pin to the location you want to use

There are no plans to provide an option during integration of Workforce to Collector or Survey123 to indicate whether the assignment location can or should be used.  Having said that, if we get feedback that it would be useful to add this ability, we'd consider it.

There may be some ways to handle this from Survey123; I suggest contacting the team through their forum https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=332ad668-6074-4b97-bcd7-6ea21fe63b15&...

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Craig Gillgrass‌ and Elle H‌   I put together a simple XLSForm to illustrate the technique Craig highlights above. See attached file.

ElleW
by
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
Shannonwilder
New Contributor II

I'm having trouble with this feature.

I have my Workforce project and my survey123 form working great. Except....i can't get the Unique ID for each manhole, for instance, to auto populate where i need it to go in Survey123. I was able to do it in a different project for Hydrants....

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

With the Workforce release that is happening tonight we will be adding the ability to pass any field to any of the apps such as Survey123, Collector or Field Maps.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this.

thanks,

Craig Gillgrass

esri

0 Kudos