Workforce Survey123 integration and date fields

Jump to solution
11-17-2021 03:08 PM
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

I have successfully integrated Workforce and S123, and used Pro to do some further customization in the table of 'Assignment Integrations'. In this project, as well as others, any custom field I create passes through without fail, but the duedate field will not. I assume it has to do with the fact that it's a date field as opposed to a text field? (fyi- I name the fields in my survey the same as Workforce to keep track of what fields go to what). Below is my URL Template, the bold being my trouble spot.

I initially created the survey using web designer and subsequently noticed the field lengths were different. Thinking that was the problem, I moved the survey into Connect, created a new field, made the field lengths the same... didn't work. I just don't know. Is there something in the URL Template that needs to change? Any help is appreciated.

https://survey123.arcgis.app?itemID=5f3e8aff7bc246afab9f06d3178ea9c4&center=${assignment.latitude},$...field:duedate=${assignment.duedate}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @Elizabeth_Burniston - I think you're running into a known bug that we just addressed on iOS with our latest release of 21.0.2 which is on the App Store.  Upgrade to that release and please let me know if the issue still persists.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Elizabeth_Burniston nothing jumps out to me after a quick look at your url scheme.

Can you elaborate on this comment though:
"assume it has to do with the fact that it's a date field as opposed to a text field?"

The "duedate" field in your survey a text field?

Also I'm assuming that the issue is, nothing is written to the "duedate" field in your survey, is that correct?

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply, @CraigGillgrass . First, the "duedate" field in my survey is a date field. I only thought that something different may be required in the url scheme for attributes in a date field to pass over. 

Next, I'm editing my initial response. I removed the integration and reestablished it with the same url as above. Now, it IS passing over a date/time but this is what it returns every time - 1/19/1970 6:00:00 PM.

We are using FME to populate all of the above Workforce fields from another application. The date field populates fine in the feature layer and shows up correct in the Workforce app, just not in S123.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Elizabeth_Burniston are you using an iOS or Android device?  And what is the release of Workforce that you're using?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

iOS and Version 20.1.1

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @Elizabeth_Burniston - I think you're running into a known bug that we just addressed on iOS with our latest release of 21.0.2 which is on the App Store.  Upgrade to that release and please let me know if the issue still persists.

Craig

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Thanks @CraigGillgrass! That worked! Thank you so much for your time and assistance... it is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos