Workforce Offline Use

04-27-2017 08:19 PM
Laura_XimenaGuevara
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm working mobile GIS workflow with Esri platform. however, as you know, in Colombia Wi-Fi network isn't available in 100%, particulary in rural areas. 

For that reason, we have to guarantee that assigments and information in general (maps, features, images, survey, etc.)  are available in that cases.

We propose the next workflow:

1. Planning (ArcMap - ArcGIS Pro)
  2. Coordinate (Workforce for ArcGIS)
  3. Navigate (Navigator for ArcGIS)
  4. Capturing (Survey123 for ArcGIS & Collector for ArcGIS)
  5. Monitoring (Operations Dahsboard for ArcGIS)
  6. Sharing (Web Applications)

For the steps 2, 3, 4  it's necessary works offline, but Workforce for ArcGIS doesn´t work in offline mode.

The question is: Do you know a way to work with Workforce in offline mode or any option to replace it?

And if there is a tech support that I can contact please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Laura G.

17 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Laura, thanks for your question.

Workforce does not currently support an offline mode; but that is in our roadmap to support.  We are targeting the second half of this year.

If a user looses network / wifi connection while using the Workforce app; they will still have access to their assignments in a read-only manner, until they establish their network / wifi connection.

Craig

PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Any updates on when offline mode will be available? 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patrick,

It's on our roadmap for 2018.  We're tentatively planning it for around User Conference.

I've got your details in our Offline issue in the Workforce repo, so you'll be hearing from us as we get closer to having something to test.

Craig

PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the update Craig. 

0 Kudos
JamieTill1
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,

Has there been any update for the delivery of offline capability for Workforce? 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jamie,

It the main driver for our next release and the team is currently working on it.

See our recent blog update for 10.6.1 support where we reference it:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/workforce/field-mobility/workforce-for-arcgis-web-app-rele... 

Craig

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Craig Gillgrass

My turn to ask - when can we expect offline capabilities? Happy to test for you...

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew,

The team is working on this now for our next release - we're currently looking at end of Q1/Q2 2019 timeframe for the release.

Craig

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

We have an update on the timeline for the next release of Workforce.

Our current timeline is Q3 for this next release.  We are planning a series of private tech previews; which will support Enterprise 10.7/10.7.1 around the end of May.

If you're interested in participating in the tech preview, please contact us at workforce4arcgis@esri.com

Craig