Workforce Issues

08-04-2020 08:20 AM
PayneRingling
New Contributor III

We are using Workforce pretty extensively to generate work order tickets and integrating with survey to manage timesheet data. We've been experiencing frequent issues where it simply won't lets us generate tickets. etc.  My colleague is on with ESRI support. I'm just wondering if other users have experienced similar large scale Workforce issues. The strangest thing is that its periodic and not consistent outages.

Today for example we can pull data from AGO but can't fully edit it. Add/Delete doesn't work. Editing the attributes does.

33 Replies
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for the feedback.  Adding those itemID entries to the operational layers in the map resolved our issue.  I am highly confident that we did not remove those itemID entries yesterday, but now that they are present, Workforce dispatcher seems to be working.  

Thanks again so much for the help.

- Jake

0 Kudos
MichelleMawson
New Contributor II

Hi James 

I have added Craig_SP as a dispatcher to our project you should received the invite. 

thank you

Michelle

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I'm looking at it now - let's take this into email so we can go into a bit more detail.

Craig

0 Kudos
MichelleMawson
New Contributor II

Hi Craig and James,

thank you for your help. The workers layer had been removed from the dispatch map, very odd as know one had updated this. I reinstated (added) the workers layer to the dispatch map, saved the map, and opened the project and the project dispatch view now works.

thanks

Michelle

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad you have it working again! Always happy to help.

take care,

0 Kudos
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

Hello James,

One of our clients had the same issue. The workers layer disappeared from the Dispatcher map. We have other clients that were fine. 

Regards

Bruce

0 Kudos
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

Hello Michelle, we have a client that is having this issue today. Their project is pretty big (16,000+ assignments). I checked another clients Workforce and it seems fine. I was about to create a support ticket and found your post. We haven't found a solution yet.

Bruce

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Morning Bruce,

Did adding the worker layer back to the dispatcher map solve the client's problem? This is something we are looking into and appreciate your feedback!

James

0 Kudos
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

Hello James, Yes, adding the worker layer back did fix their problem. We will verify that other clients don't have this issue today.

Thank you for being so responsive to this. I was concerned about the amount of time it might take to resolve if we had to go through Esri support. Our clients use Workforce for a critical workflow. Let me know if you want any additional information.

Bruce

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much for the follow up! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have more information/questions for us.

have a great weekend!

James

0 Kudos