Select to view content in your preferred language

Open On Field Maps - No Dropped Pin

05-23-2022 06:32 AM
CESPEDESLUISITD
New Contributor III

Good morning,

I am using Workforce integrating Field Maps. This is a migration of old workforce with collector.

In the old version, I created assignments in workforce and users would tap on Collect at Assignment and it would open Collector on the location of the assignment with a dropped pin to identify it. This was tremendously helpful as these inspectors would get multiple assignments sometimes on the same area.

In the new version, the inspectors tap on Open in Field Maps and it would open the webmap to an open map area with multiple points, no side panel, no dropped pin to identify which assignment it is, nothing. The inspectors have to tap on multiple points to identify which is the assignment.

Is there something I have to turn on, modify or set? Am I missing something?

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CESPEDESLUISITD
New Contributor III

A work around provided by ESRI was to scale the zoom in factor to closer to a the property boundary. I applied this work around and it seems to be working fine as per the users.

Thanks

0 Kudos
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor

@CESPEDESLUISITD  -- Where do you set the zoom-in factor?

We're running into a similar issue at my organization with our Hydrant Inspections project. It used to be that when you switched between apps, Collector would place a pin at the location of a feature. Now, in my migrated Workforce project with Field Maps, it's trying to collect at the feature's location. This isn't ideal because we want to collect an inspection record -- not a completely new hydrant. It also seems to default to Field Maps last zoom scale which could be as far as out as the entire city. By the time you zoom in, users have lost the hydrant they are trying to put an inspection record on.

0 Kudos