Work Order ID Integration?

02-13-2018 11:53 AM
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

We would like to add Work Order ID's to the project so there is a drop down list of ID's to choose from when creating an assignment. How are people using this field? How do you integrate the Work Order ID field with a third party system?

Thanks,

Michelle

12 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Michelle,

We plan to include the ability for the Work Order ID field to be pre-populated based on expression in our roadmap; we're working with other areas of the ArcGIS platform on this.  

One technique I have seen used for sites who need this ability is to use a Python script to populate the Work Order ID field at regular intervals (i.e. every 5 mins) for assignments after they are created.

Craig

LaneHartman
New Contributor III

Craig, can you point me in the direction of a code sample that does this?

Thanks!

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Craig,

When is this feature anticipated to be added into Workforce?

Thanks!

Erica

Erica
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Erica,

It's not assigned to release at this time, but I am hoping we can get to this in one of our next few releases.

I've added your request and info to the issue for tracking purposes.

Craig

Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, any update?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Not at this time, it is still in our backlog but will not be added to a release until Workforce is a part of Field Maps - which is tentatively planned to start later this year.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can the Work Order ID become configurable? At this time you can't even enforce unique values of any kind or prevent NULL values. Those two options alone would be very useful.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amy,

We have discussed making this configurable - we'd look to using the same Form capabilities that Field Maps uses to do this. Enforcing uniqueness is a little trickier to tackle especially when we consider allowing mobile workers to create their own work assignments while offline.

I don't see us enforcing uniqueness, but instead, recommending that it be enforced as a QA process through a Python script or QA check that is done on the server-side.

Craig

0 Kudos
MS20
by
New Contributor II

Hello Craig,

- Have there been any progress for the Work Order ID field to be pre-populated?

- Echoing LaneHartman's question, where can we see a sample of the Python code to populate the Work Order ID field at regular intervals for assignments?

- Is there a way for Workforce to automatically ensure that work order IDs are unique, (e.g. in the event of entering duplicate IDs erroneously)?

As a GIS professional with questionable programming skills, I would really like to deal with most of these issues without needing to code.

-MS