Select to view content in your preferred language

When is Workforce going to be integrated into Field Maps?

11-08-2021 02:50 PM
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

We are stalling several customers at the moment until Workforce is finally integrated into Field Maps.  At the moment Workforce just wont do what we need it to.  If someone could give me a proposed date that would great.  I have been telling them "any day now" for about 12 months.  Thanks!

Scott
17 Replies
AndyGeo
New Contributor III

What are you waiting on FieldMaps to be able to do?

0 Kudos
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy.  Have Workforce incorporated into Field Maps.  So its one app.

Scott
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Scott_Sambell 

Is there any other functionality that you need in Workforce once it's incorporated into Field Maps?  Or is it simply the friction and difficulty with managing multiple apps for your clients?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig.  Its just too confusing for fieldworkers to flick between apps. Also we can't sideload TPKs and Workforce doesn't seems to support more than one Map Area and you can't launch more than one version of Field Maps from Workforce (we must have an online and offline version of Field Maps because once you make a map areas you are stuck offline.  I created a workaround, but its glitchy) I could go on, but basically, everything about Workforce seems to be just waiting for the day it is incorporated into Field Maps and i find i'm constantly apologising for it.

Scott
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hi Scott,

I posed this question a few months ago and got this response: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/arcgis-workforce-integration-into-field-ma....

Nick

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Nick.  I went looking for this but i guess i was looking in the Workforce topic rather than Field Maps.  I gotta say i was really surprised when it appeared no-one had asked the question as it seems to be such a show-stopper.

Scott
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Due to other priorities the work/planning for Workforce to move into Field Maps has been delayed.  We're currently planning for a timeline in the 2nd half of 2022,

We'll be using the Early Adopter site to update users on our work and plans (the Workforce and Field Maps betas are there) - click on either to join and look for upcoming announcements.

Craig

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Second half of 2022?! 

Ah poo.

Okay I'll stop telling people its going to happen then. I've been telling clients "it will probably be in the next release" for over a year now and I'm starting to look foolish. Better to tell them its not going to happen and get back to making more permanent workarounds.  Thanks Craig, I'll keep watching the Early Adopter anyway.

Scott
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Any progress on this Craig?  Is this still on the timeline? 

Scott