Setting for Survey123 integrated with Workforce

09-05-2018 10:19 AM
MarkBennett
Occasional Contributor

To collect more information about the assignment, I set up a Survey project and integrated it with Workforce so that some information (GlobalID, ID, Location) can be passed to the form. 

For the Survey, I use a standing along table in an existing feature service. The feature service has many other tables and feature layers. Only one table is used to store the survey data. In the survey design, I put the url of the service for the "Submission_url" and the name of the table for the ""form_id".. 

The survey itself works fine. However, when I try to integrate it with Workforce, The fields in the drop down list show the fields of the "first feature layer in the feature service" instead of the the fields in the table used for the survey.

Of cause I can publish a feature service with a desired layer on the top and use that feature layer (not the table) for the survey. But, is this a design for some reasons? Or, it could be changed to use the match layer/table for the survey? Or, did I do something wrong?

thanks!

Ming

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Ming,

Unfortunately, you're running into a limitation with Workforce, the inability to support other layers/tables is As Designed.  It is something we have in our backlog for inclusion in a future release, but the work has not been assigned to a release.

Craig

0 Kudos
MarkBennett
Occasional Contributor

Good to know!

I will publish my feature service and redesign my survey to accommodate this requirement!

Thanks a lot for your prompt response!

Ming

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Kudos
MarkBennett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig,

I am following up on this question again. It seems that this is still a limitation, right? Do you have a timetable for changing it so that "All the appropriate field" can be used to pass the value from WF to Survey and all the suitable fields will be included in the dropdown. 

We developed this Survey for recording Hydrant Flushing and Valve Exercise events. The field workers have to do this in certain order along a route. Therefor, we using WF to dispatch them in that order. I only want to add the records to the standing-alone flushing and exercise tables and not add more points tot he hydrant or valve layers.  Current I created a "dummy feature class" as the layer 0 in the feature service. I also created relationship class to my standing alone tables that are used to collect survey data with Survey123. For the WF-Survey integration, I pass the desired data from WF to Survey. Then, in the survey design, I pass these data to Survey using "calculate". As you can see, it become complected. Do you have any better way to do this? 

Thanks,
Ming

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Ming,

I don't have an update on this; the status of it remains unchanged from the last update in Sept, 2018.

Craig

0 Kudos
MarkBennett
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply!

It will be great if the value can pass to survey item (name in the survey design) instead of specific field of layer. In this way, one can pass the value even to a hidden “dummy field” and process it using “calculation or js”.

Ming

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Kudos