Select to view content in your preferred language

Members not displaying for selection

10-30-2018 03:25 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure why, but the people who I know have AGOL accounts are not displaying when I go to add them as workers. I have unchecked the "limit to agency only" tab, still not seeing them? is there a way to request access as a worker?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoeBryant2
Frequent Contributor

Hi Scott,

I'm just figuring out the new Workforce App as well. I noticed that only employees from our organization with a "User" license show up in the drop down list; employees that I have only paid for the basic "Viewer" license do not show up in the list.

I also tried to un-checking the "limit to agency" button, but this then searches ALL of the AGOL accounts in the world, so results were pretty slow and often unresponsive. From what I could tell, this method still only shows "User" licensed accounts.

I was under the impression that "Viewer" accounts could not create/update/delete the location and attributes of assets in your GIS database, but they could still view and close workforce work orders. Maybe that is not the case.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Scott, Joe,

This is outlined in one of our FAQs:

What privileges are required to use Workforce?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

As outlined in the requirements documentation, dispatchers and field workers must be Level 2 Accounts. This is because Assignments are stored as features and to edit features, a user must be Level 2.

0 Kudos
JoeBryant2
Frequent Contributor

Thanks; 'Guess I'll have to move some licenses around depending on how management wants to use this app.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two AGOL accounts, one through my State agency and one through another FED agency. I have created maps and groups and been able to share those with edit abilities from my State account to users with a FED account. These users are using Collector to make entries. I was able to while in Workforce see/add 'workers' from my agency and see/add others (but not the ones I wanted) from outside agencies. When I created a Workforce from my FED account, using maps in my State account, I was able to see/add workers from the FED organization but not from the State organization? So I think the users have the correct rights but are not displaying?

Is there a way to directly input their information so that I can add them as workers?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scott,

I believe each user must make their profile/account public in order for them to show up in any search results that originate from outside of their own organization.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cool! Hopefully that is the easy button

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Kudos