Make "To Do" list customizable

Jump to solution
01-20-2021 11:28 AM
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

When using the Workforce mobile app (Classic) the assignments show up in the ”To Do” list. Each assignment shows the Assignment Type, Location, and Priority. Is there any way to change the fields that show up in the mobile apps To do list?

We are using it for a road sign application. The crew tests reflectivity at night, and if out of spec, an assignment is created to replace the sign. The highway department wants to have the worker quickly see what types of signs they need to bring, just by looking at the “To Do” list.

I have them add the type of sign needed to the description, so when they click on the assignment it shows. I don’t want to create an assignment Type for each type of sign since that would be unmanageable. So basically I would like the “Description” field to show in the assignments when viewing the “To do” list, any suggestions?

@ThomasKrinkeadded this in the ideas section.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-workforce-ideas/add-the-ability-to-view-assignments-in-the-work...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately this is not possible and we don't have any plans to add the Description field to the To Do list and the ability to customize the To Do list, while in our backlog, isn't assigned to a release.

The only other idea I have is - to also co-opt the Location field. You can edit text or place name for a location be whatever you want.  We did this originally to support a location such as "123 Main St SE corner of lot".

You could preface the Location with the Sign type - I think this would get you what you're looking for. Please let us know if this can work for your scenario.

thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately this is not possible and we don't have any plans to add the Description field to the To Do list and the ability to customize the To Do list, while in our backlog, isn't assigned to a release.

The only other idea I have is - to also co-opt the Location field. You can edit text or place name for a location be whatever you want.  We did this originally to support a location such as "123 Main St SE corner of lot".

You could preface the Location with the Sign type - I think this would get you what you're looking for. Please let us know if this can work for your scenario.

thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Craig,

I appreciate the reply! I tried your suggestion on the location field and the highway department was happy with the result. I edited the location filed using the Dispatcher web map when creating the assignment, as long as I can do the same thing when creating the assignment in the field using collector or other field apps it will meet our needs.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos