Location search in Workforce Manager

Jump to solution
07-29-2016 07:38 AM
DavidCrosby
Esri Contributor

I've added a point feature service of buildings to both the dispatcher and worker web maps, then configured the web maps to allow locating features both for the feature service and geocoder.  In the map viewer I can search by building name and find the location.  In the Workforce Manager I search to add an assignment, and am not able to search by the building name.  I also don't see that the search box allows the user to choose the geocoder.

Should this work?  Are there plans to add this functionality?  My use case is I would like to dispatch IT staff to various buildings to complete work, and allow the dispatcher to search for the building.

Tags (1)
23 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User Setting the popup would be controlled within the Dispatcher web map; so if you have the correct privilege in your organization, you can edit the web map popup configuration to account for this.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the popup title automatically populate the location field in workforce?

For assignments that are created without an existing feature class (i.e. when a citizen calls in to make a request), I can click on the map to add a new assignment, but the location automatically defaults to the x,y coordinates, not an address.  I cannot access the project settings to see if my organizations locator is set as the default geocoder.

SHartholt_0-1669827210651.png

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @Anonymous User you'll need to work with your Org admin on this, they'll have access to these settings and be able to help you with it.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

0 Kudos
RashikaGururani
New Contributor

Hey @CraigGillgrass  , I have added you as a dispatcher. I am trying to limit the search to a particular study area. Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

0 Kudos