Location search in Workforce Manager

Jump to solution
07-29-2016 07:38 AM
DavidCrosby
Esri Contributor

I've added a point feature service of buildings to both the dispatcher and worker web maps, then configured the web maps to allow locating features both for the feature service and geocoder.  In the map viewer I can search by building name and find the location.  In the Workforce Manager I search to add an assignment, and am not able to search by the building name.  I also don't see that the search box allows the user to choose the geocoder.

Should this work?  Are there plans to add this functionality?  My use case is I would like to dispatch IT staff to various buildings to complete work, and allow the dispatcher to search for the building.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

David,

This is not supported in the 1.0 release of Workforce but we are working on it for our 1.1 update which is planned for late August.

In that update, we'll support searching using the web map search configurations.  For geocoding, we will support the default geocoder for the organization.

Craig

View solution in original post

23 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

David,

This is not supported in the 1.0 release of Workforce but we are working on it for our 1.1 update which is planned for late August.

In that update, we'll support searching using the web map search configurations.  For geocoding, we will support the default geocoder for the organization.

Craig

DavidCrosby
Esri Contributor

Thanks very much Craig!

David

0 Kudos
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

Has this functionality been added? I've been looking, but haven't been able to find a way to add our "map locations" to the location when creating assignments.

Thanks,

April

0 Kudos
Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

Was this functionality added?  I'm trying to do the same thing when creating assignments.  I can do the search in my dispatcher map but not in the actual workforce project.  Please let me know, thanks.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dawn,

This ability was added and is in Workforce.  If you've configured the Dispatcher web map with the ability to search for the field; Workforce will search those same fields.  A few things to confirm:

- Check that you've changed the Dispatcher and not the Worker web map

- On the Details page for the Dispatcher web map, under Settings, scroll to the bottom and ensure that you've enabled Find Locations By Layer and configured the layer and fields you'd like to use for search.

Craig

Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

Hi Craig, this is still not working.  I can search for an address, but not on a field, although it works well in the Dispatch map.  I can't seem to reply in geonet.    Dawn 

To: Dawn Robbins <dawnrobbins@sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:25 AM

Subject: Re: - Re: Location search in Workforce Manager

#yiv9700878691 * #yiv9700878691 a #yiv9700878691 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv9700878691 #yiv9700878691 h1, #yiv9700878691 h2, #yiv9700878691 h3, #yiv9700878691 h4, #yiv9700878691 h5, #yiv9700878691 h6, #yiv9700878691 p, #yiv9700878691 hr {}#yiv9700878691 .yiv9700878691button td {}

|

GeoNet

|

Re: Location search in Workforce Manager

reply from Craig Gillgrass in Workforce for ArcGIS - View the full discussionHello Dawn, This ability was added and is in Workforce.  If you've configured the Dispatcher web map with the ability to search for the field; Workforce will search those same fields.  A few things to confirm:- Check that you've changed the Dispatcher and not the Worker web map- On the Details page for the Dispatcher web map, under Settings, scroll to the bottom and ensure that you've enabled Find Locations By Layer and configured the layer and fields you'd like to use for search. Craig

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in Workforce for ArcGIS by email or at GeoNet

Following Re: Location search in Workforce Manager in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

0 Kudos
AdamChavez1
New Contributor II

I have the same issue/concern.  I have created a workforce project.  I have added a hosted feature layer into the dispatchers map called PollingPlaces.  I have gone into the details and enabled search by a polling place name.  I am trying to create assignments to send a worker to a polling place.  On the add assignments tab - when I try to search for the assignment - I can't reference the polling places as it brings up the geocoder as the search results.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam,

One thing to confirm; check that you've changed the Dispatcher and not the Worker web map.

If you have, I'd like to take a look at the project.  Can you invite me to the project as a Dispatcher?  My named using is craig_sp

thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
AdamChavez1
New Contributor II

Added

0 Kudos