Select to view content in your preferred language

hide worker locations on workforce mobile app

06-01-2023 05:46 PM
WillyG
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Is there any way we can hide Mobile worker locations with the ArcGIS Workforce app? We have a situation where we have contracted companies working within an organisation, and we don't want them seeing each others locations. Ideally we want this all within one workforce project.  I'm logged in on mobile as a user that has Mobile worker privileges, but not dispatcher privileges and it looks like I can see everyone else's locations.

Kind regards

Willy Gamble

Ethos Environmental 

3 Replies
WillyG
by
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on this. Worker locations can be hidden to applying a filter to the mobile web map. Only way to do it that I can see.

IanGallo
Regular Contributor

You can make the worker layer not-visible when you publish the worker map from workforce web app. Just unselect the layer in the contents pane. No need to apply a filter. 

0 Kudos
CandaceHankins
Occasional Contributor

Due to privacy concerns, we did not want our Mobile Workers to be able to see other Workers locations in the Workforce app.

After much testing, I found that Workers were being listed with assignments in the app when clicking on in a blank space of the  map (not on a dot). Attached screenshot shows an example of this.

Turning the visibility off did not prevent this. And since you cannot remove the Workers layer from the Worker map in the Workforce project settings, the only solution is to filter the layer. I chose to filter where Name is blank since I know every user has to have something in the name field.

Hope this helps someone else! 

0 Kudos