Esri Windows 10 Workforce

Jump to solution
03-29-2019 06:33 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Any news on when Windows 10 users will be getting Workforce?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly,

We do not have a specific timeline for supporting Windows 10 for Workforce.  It is in our roadmap, but is not slated for 2019.

What would help us with prioritizing this work is to understand the demand for it and how many users would be using it.  Do you have an idea for your organization?

thanks, Craig

View solution in original post

14 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Releasing a Windows 10 version of Workforce is on our roadmap - but would be later this year, early 2020 at the earliest.

What would help us with prioritizing this work is to understand the demand for it and how many users would be using it.  Do you have an idea for your organization?

thanks, Craig

AndrewHargreaves2

HiCraig Gillgrass

Workforce on Windows would be a great intermediary step for our 40-50 crews. We're currently tied to windows due to other parts of our workflow being dependant upon it. However, we're looking to move to new solutions that would free us up to utilize iPads in the field meaning Workforce for iOS with Offline would be the best long-term tool for us.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

My apologies for not getting back to this post sooner. We have roughly 60-70 operators throughout all of our offices in the united states that will be using workforce. Windows 10 tablets are the preferred method for tracking and managing data. We have the IPhone XR and the screen size is a pain to work with.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks Jordan, appreciate the information.

0 Kudos
KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

Now that this post is a few months old, does the Windows 10 Workforce app have a more specific timeline?

We have a field services team that would be perfect for Workforce, but they exclusively use tablets running Windows 10.

Any updates would be appreciated, if you have them!     Craig Gillgrass

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly,

We do not have a specific timeline for supporting Windows 10 for Workforce.  It is in our roadmap, but is not slated for 2019.

thanks, Craig

KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

Craig Gillgrass Absolutely. We have a team of about 100 IT technicians that service corporate locations in our 15 state footprint. The 100 field techs and their 10 managers currently use a ticket system that does not have any spatial data capabilities. They are also tied to machines running Windows 10.

We are hoping Workforce can eventually take the place of that ticket system so managers can better understand how workloads are distributed. It would also help field techs get more information about areas they are unfamiliar with when they are filling in for coworkers on vacation or changing territories. Right now, we are creating maps to answer these questions manually, so a Workforce integration would make the process a lot more efficient.

If there's any other info I can provide, let me know!

Thanks,

Kelly Koenig

WilliamRockwell1
New Contributor III

I'd like to echo what Jordan stated. We have crew leaders with Windows tablets that also serve as their desk PC's. Their phones are too small. Not sure how to deploy this successfully with this lack of compatibility.

JeffHyder
New Contributor III

I was and am still the GIS coordinator for a small county and have been promoted to also the director of inspections. I would love to use this to schedule my inspections and route those to my inspectors in the field all equipped with Surface Pros. Piggybacking another program to run Android on the tablet is not conveinent and troublesome for my not so tech savy inspectors.