Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Assignment Type and WorkerID from WebApp

11-09-2021 09:10 AM
BobZappitelli
New Contributor II

In the previous version of Workforce I was using survery123 to collect new assignments from the field (this has been updated to function with the new architecture).  These "unassigned" tasks are then be integrated into a dashboard that would allow a dispatcher to see a schedule (chart) of currently assigned tasks along with these unassigned tasks. From there they would be able to determine where the unassigned tasks would best fit into the schedule. Prior to the latest release of workforce I was using a webapp to allow a dispatcher to update the assignment type (e.g. to inspection) and the worker (e.g. Worker #1).

Now that these two fields are based on related records is there a way to update them outside of workforce directly.  I should also note that I have custom fields in the feature class that the dispatcher is also updating.  The reason being is that scheduling and tracking is a significantly lacking in workforce.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
BobZappitelli
New Contributor II

Thanks @CraigGillgrass   this is actually how I was able to redeploy the dashboard since it had lost this functionality with the migration. However, you are not able to edit the hosted view layer that gets created through this process. 

What you're seeing in the previously attached image is an embedded web app within the dashboard that allows you to edit the feature layer directly.   What I would like to see is the descriptive name of the related record in the feature class as opposed to the GUID.

0 Kudos