Assign Task to a Group of Workers

07-14-2017 10:44 AM
MichaelGilbrook2
New Contributor III

I haven't started using Workforce yet, but I can't find the answer to my question in the available documentation. The typical use case for Workforce appears to involve sending an assignment to a particular worker. We'd like to make assignments (tasks) available to a group of workers, and allow the first available worker to accept the task. Is this an option within the Workforce app? Or would this require customization via the API? Thanks!

Michael

28 Replies
Andrew_Winchell
New Contributor II

Did anything similar to this ever get implemented? It seems like a pretty commonly requested functionality but I haven't seen anything definitive on it still.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Andrew_Winchell no, while this issue is in our backlog it has not been assigned to a release.

Craig

0 Kudos
NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

Any update on this functionality?

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan,

There's been a few pieces of functionality discussed\requested in this thread, but I'm assuming you mean the request to Assign an assignment\task to a group of workers.  This isn't slated for any of our upcoming releases, however the request is in our backlog.

We do publish a sneak peek of the requests we're currently working on in our doc site at:

General FAQs—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

JamesHead-Mears1
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

If there was a possibility of moving the ability of assigning a task to a group from the backlog to an upcoming release. We are wanting to utilise this functionality and the overall function of Workforce for a meter reading solution.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

We have discussed this recently, but there are several other items in the backlog (such as Offline support) that we're working on which we need to complete prior to this capability being worked on.

This feedback does help us prioritize our upcoming work.  I'd be happy to discuss your requirements on this capability in detail so we can ensure that they're included in the issue.

You can contact me through geonet with a direct message or on the workforce4arcgis@esri.com alias.

Craig

TimoSjösten
New Contributor II

We are also willing to start utilizing Workforce, but the lack of not being able to self-assign an unassigned work/task is holding us back. Any updates regarding this feature? 

Another feature that would be handy for us is to be able to save, review and export the history data of the time periods when workers have been working and on break. As an employer, we need to be able to follow up the hours worked, so that workers do not exceed the allowed max limits.

Timo

0 Kudos
GSimons
New Contributor

Hi Craig - has there been any update to this functionality? It would really be a boon to our work across multiple sectors and clients. Thanks.

0 Kudos
onurdemir5490
New Contributor
hello sir

We use Arcgis Workforce efficiently in our organization. Our problem is;

We want to assign 1 event to more people, not 1 person. This is important to us.

Is there a plan or method for this?

thanks
0 Kudos