Workforce for ArcGIS is evolving!

12-16-2019 07:50 AM
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor
1 5 1,215

Today we released a minor, bug fix update to the Workforce web app inside of ArcGIS Online. We also took this opportunity to announce our upcoming beta for offline support. Workforce is evolving and there are a lot of exciting changes about to happen. 

Read this blog article for more details and to sign up for the beta:

Workforce for ArcGIS is evolving! 

Tags (1)
5 Comments
MichelleMawson
New Contributor II

Do you have a list of what were the critical bug fixes were in the update 16 December 2019?

AnthonyWhitley
New Contributor II

Would like to see the ability add our own fields that we can link over to Survey123 or Collector as we can with ID or location. It seems pretty limiting at this time. We currently have a Phone App that feeds our GIS for complaints; we then create assignments based on these complaints and have integrated Survey123. However, the lack of linking more fields limits my automation process for my folks. 

MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

Not sure if it's related to the update but we are seeing a problem using the drag/drop feature when adding attachments in Chrome and Edge. When you drag a file over it opens the attachment in the browser instead of adding it to the assignment and subsequently you lose all your info you just added to the assignment. It's quite frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle,

We do not have a public list of the issues addressed in the December 16th 2019 update.

Is there a particular issue you've reported or are seeing?

Craig

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony, this is in our backlog and is one of the main items we'll be evaluating once we finish up the Offline release.

Craig

About the Author
I am the Group Product Engineering Lead for our Field Apps team at Esri. I work with an amazing team building out our field solutions. Please feel free to ask me anything about ArcGIS Field Maps, Workforce, and Navigator.