Workflow Manager Server and Extended Properties

02-25-2022 03:32 AM
GianmariaPandolfi
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.8, WFM Server 10.8.

Hi,

I'm involved in project that uses WFM. Working whith a diagram, I have extend the template properties joining a feature layer table, but when i try to read the field content (excepting for the linked field) 'cause i want to use it to made the diagram more flexible (for example, choosing a specific path), i have the error

"Error evaluating path expression "jobExtendedProperty($job, 'job_prop', 'job_name') != 'JOB_21'' with return value '$stepSuccess' : Could not extract job_name from table job_prop".

Instead, if I look at the job poperties, by using the Work Pane (ArcGIS Workflow Manager), the field is correctly visible. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Rino

0 Kudos
7 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hello Rino,

Thank you for your question. 

I understand that you would like to extend the job template to retrieve the linked job properties. Based on the error you get, are you having the path configured with arcade expression of extended properties? This is not implemented until 10.9.1 and not supported in earlier version. In earlier version, the path can only be evaluated with the expression using $retVal and more info is available here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
GianmariaPandolfi
New Contributor

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

Based on what you've written, version 10.9.1 will allow me to use arcade expression (within path assignment or path logic) based on extended properties related to feature services. So, following my previous example, I'll be able to write as "Path Logic" options, expressions like

jobExtendedProperty ($ job, 'job_prop', 'job_name')! = 'JOB_21'

or alternatively, for another path,

jobExtendedProperty ($ job, 'job_prop', 'job_name') == 'JOB_21',

where 'job_prop' is a table of feature services. It's correct?

Finally, another question: Will version 10.9.1 allow me to set extended properties (linked to a feature service table) with an "Update Job Properties" step?

Thanks

Gianmaria

0 Kudos
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hello Gianmaria,

Yes you can configure the Feature service as extended property table in your job template and parse the property values in the path expression. The configuration of using the Feature service extended property table in Update Job Properties step is similar to regular extended property table. More info is available at here

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
GianmariaPandolfi
New Contributor

Hi,

finally I was able to configure an extended property, starting from a service table, and to read it and use it (for example to address the path of the diagramm), but how can I change this value within the diagram? When I try to do it (as I asked you in the last message) using an "Update Job Properties" step, a warning tells me that "Editing only supported for linked field".

So, How can I change this extended property?

Thanks

Gianmaria

0 Kudos
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

hi Gianmaria,

Let me know if my understanding of your question is correct. You have configured the extended property table in your job template and you are trying to configure the Update Job Properties step in diagram, correct? Your step should configured the properties to be edits in this format: [ext table name].[property name]. Updating the extended property table should occur in running this step in the job, not in the diagram. Last but not the least, if your extended table is 1- M, you need to use the Update 1-M Job Properties step type to match the relationship of extended table in your job template.

Hope this help. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
GianmariaPandolfi
New Contributor

GianmariaPandolfi_0-1647504788792.png

hi, I'll try to be clearer. I'm working with WFM server version 10.9.1. As you can see from the first attached figure, I defined an extended property by linking it to a table.

I am able to read the content in the steps and in the paths, but how can I change it with one step?

GianmariaPandolfi_1-1647505256577.png

Using Update Job Properties step (as you can see from the second figure) a message tells me that I can only modify the linked field. So my question continues to be: how can I change the content of an extended property of this type, using one of the WFM server step ?

Thanks

Gianmaria

0 Kudos
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Gianmaria,

Workflow Manager only allows you to associate the job with the feature layer by using the linked field configured in the job template. In Update Job Properties step, by entering the linked field value, the job is associated with the corresponding record in the feature layer. You will not be allowed to edit any other fields in the feature layer than the linked field. I hope this help clarify your questions.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos