Workflow manager Javascript Viewer

Jump to solution
03-03-2016 02:48 AM
AjitkumarBabar
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying configure workflow manager with JavaScript viewer. I got the source source code from GitHub GitHub - Esri/workflowmanager-viewer-js: Source code for ArcGIS Workflow Manager JavaScrpt viewer - ...

I have configured everything as per the document but while creating a new job in web edition it shows no data workspace available. (shown in attachment). Due to this I am unable to run the workflow.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ajitkumar,

You have two options for setting a Data Workspace for your Javascript Workflow Manager job; when you create the job there will be a pulldown on the create job form you can use to set the Data Workspace for the job you're about to create.

You can also setup a Data Workspace in the Workflow Manager Administrator on desktop and assign it to the job type. When a new job of this type is created it will take that value and assign it to the job by default.

Data Workspaces can be added to the database in Administrator and then can be consumed using one of the methods above in the JS viewer.

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ajitkumar,

You have two options for setting a Data Workspace for your Javascript Workflow Manager job; when you create the job there will be a pulldown on the create job form you can use to set the Data Workspace for the job you're about to create.

You can also setup a Data Workspace in the Workflow Manager Administrator on desktop and assign it to the job type. When a new job of this type is created it will take that value and assign it to the job by default.

Data Workspaces can be added to the database in Administrator and then can be consumed using one of the methods above in the JS viewer.

Cheers,

Michael

AjitkumarBabar
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Michael,

I have one more question is it possible to run launch ArcMap step to initiate editing from Javascript Workflow Manager viewer?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ajitkumar,

You can't use Launch Arcmap on the web to initiate editing session from the JavaScript web viewer. Any step type that is listed under the JTXDesktopSteps node in the Workflow Manager Administrator is for Desktop use only.

If you wanted to open an editing web viewer you could do so through the LaunchURL step execution type. You would need to configure an editing viewer with your mapping data and then Workflow Manager could open it when you execute the step.

Cheers,

Michael