Workflow Manager and Application integration Integrate GIS & business apps in one place

Jump to solution
03-30-2021 09:01 AM
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to use Workflow Manager to create a visual dashboard within Workflow Manager reporting or ESRI dashboard? Or is this something I would need to do in business analytic software?

I would like to create a dashboard to show production, work completed per month, average time worked, areas being worked or open to work, etc. Is this something possible or something someone has done? I have not used workflow manager yet but my team is interested in implementing the tool.

Any feedback is helpful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MJames
by
New Contributor III

We have successfully implemented this using both Esri Operations Dashboards as well as Power BI.

We utilise the Workflow Manager database as the 'source of truth' for our production efforts and allow users within the business to choose whatever application, be it Ops Dashboards or Power BI or even Excel, that meet there needs.

As an example, our manager level staff generally prefer using Operations Dashboards due to its spatial focus and ease of use, often using this as their primary means to track live production, rather than using the Workflow Manager desktop application or ArcGIS Pro. However our executive staff will normally interrogate the same information using Power BI as it provides a much more in depth level of widget configuration which meets their reporting needs.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MJames
by
New Contributor III

We have successfully implemented this using both Esri Operations Dashboards as well as Power BI.

We utilise the Workflow Manager database as the 'source of truth' for our production efforts and allow users within the business to choose whatever application, be it Ops Dashboards or Power BI or even Excel, that meet there needs.

As an example, our manager level staff generally prefer using Operations Dashboards due to its spatial focus and ease of use, often using this as their primary means to track live production, rather than using the Workflow Manager desktop application or ArcGIS Pro. However our executive staff will normally interrogate the same information using Power BI as it provides a much more in depth level of widget configuration which meets their reporting needs.

Hope this helps.

Egeiser27
New Contributor II

This is helpful. Thank you @MJames !

0 Kudos