04-17-2012 02:30 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III
Hi There,

3 tier installation ArcGIS 10 Sp4
box 1: Web / SOM / AGS REST
box 2: SOC
box 3: DB

I have an installation of AGS where the web tier and application tier have been split onto 2 machines - the web tier has client apps, the AGS SOM and REST endpoints, while the application tier has the SOC component. Following this the WMX server extension has been installed as follows: box 1 had the SOM component and sample viewer installed, box 2 had the SOC component installed. After this installation we saw that the wmrest REST endpoints for WMX have been installed on the SOC box, which was a little unexpected. This is going to cause issues, as this is a multiple machine deployment (multi SOMs and SOCs) and we need to use the web client.
Is this the expected behaviour? Can we move the wmrest location?
Cheers,
Fraser
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TopeBello
Hi Fraser,

There is a website called ???wmrest??? that is created as part of the install and copied over to the IIS root folder. In the case of distributed environment, this copy does not happen. However, the file is still available in the [install location]\REST\DotNet folder. Copy the contents of that over to any of the two machines that has IIS installed. In my case the folder is here - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wmrest
There are still a couple of manual steps that need to happen and I have attached steps for this.
After you have configured these steps verify that the soap URL for your Workflow Manager service is accessible because we rely on that for the WMREST website to translate to REST.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TopeBello
Hi Fraser,

There is a website called ???wmrest??? that is created as part of the install and copied over to the IIS root folder. In the case of distributed environment, this copy does not happen. However, the file is still available in the [install location]\REST\DotNet folder. Copy the contents of that over to any of the two machines that has IIS installed. In my case the folder is here - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wmrest
There are still a couple of manual steps that need to happen and I have attached steps for this.
After you have configured these steps verify that the soap URL for your Workflow Manager service is accessible because we rely on that for the WMREST website to translate to REST.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
FraserHand
It does. Works fine now.
Many thanks
Fraser
0 Kudos