JTXDesktopSteps.LaunchArcMap with no data workspace and version?

Jump to solution
10-15-2012 01:38 PM
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
Just reading the documentation and noticed something about the options to use the JTXDesktopSteps.LaunchArcMap

Job type map document defined?
Launch ArcMap with data workspace and version
Launch ArcMap with data workspace and no version
Launch ArcMap with no data workspace

Yes
ArcMap is launched using the map document defined. Layers are resourced to the job's version based on the Feature Class's short name.* The map is zoomed to the Area of Interest.
This works the same as the scenario when a version exists, except the default version for the data workspace is used for the resourcing of layers.
No changes are made to the layer sources. The map is zoomed to AOI.

The above was taken from the help at http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00380000001w000000.htm Can anyone explain how or if I launch ArcMap, connect to a version, but not change the layer sources. My data is in SDE, and the layer source keeps being reset to my PC.

Thanks,
      Alison
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
I found the source of all my problems. When I created my maps I did not bring the data into ArcMap using the Workflow Manager toolbar. Once I deleted all the data, and reloaded the data using the Add Data button on the Workflow manager Administrator toolbar things are working fine.

Alison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
I found the source of all my problems. When I created my maps I did not bring the data into ArcMap using the Workflow Manager toolbar. Once I deleted all the data, and reloaded the data using the Add Data button on the Workflow manager Administrator toolbar things are working fine.

Alison
0 Kudos