JTX migration to WMX

01-15-2013 08:44 AM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III
We have JTX 3.2 in our production environment running ArcSDE 9.2 in Oracle 9.2.0.8.  We are planning to upgrade hardware and software starting next month and our goal is to implement all latest technologies (Oracle and ArcGIS 10.1) in a new box.  Since we understand that importing existing feature classes to a new installation is a lot cleaner than upgrading from such an old environment, we want to know if is possible to do a new installation, create the GDB, import the feature classes from the old database, and (this is our major concern) import just the JTX schema using Oracle tools (since we want to keep the JTX tables and history), and then run the migration wizard of WMX.  Can this be done???  Any suggestions are more than appreciated.

Thanks
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TopeBello
Hi,

• Create a schema/table space in your new SDE database.

• Run the Workflow Manager post-installation tool at 10.1 to create all the tables needed for 10.1 to work.

• Export your JTX 3.0.1 repository using the export configuration tool inside of JTX. This will create an XML with your existing JTX configuration.

• Open the Workflow Manager administrator, connect to the 10.1 repository

• Click the Import /Export menu to import your configuration

• On the windows file dialog, change the file type from Configuration files (*.jxl) to JTX (3x) Configuration files (*.xml) and browse to the XML your exported from your JTX system

• Click Open for the application to import your configuration

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
Ulises
by
Thanks Tobeb,

I'll give it a try and let the group know how it goes.  Will that take care of the AOI layer also?
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
Ulises
by
Following on this...

If I import the configuration file from JTX3, how can I import the data from the oracle jtx schema to the new oracle database?  I though there were changes in the tables' structured.
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
Ulises
by
I follow your suggestions, Tope, but although I received confirmation that the import succeeded, no log file was created in the specified location and no changes took place in the database.

Still my other question remains...

are there any suggestions about if it is possible to import data from a JTX3 Oracle schema in server 1 to a new geodatabase and WMX installation in server 2???
Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos