Integration with Field Maps

04-20-2022 10:47 AM
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

We're currently considering buying Workflow Manager for our organization. Does it enable connecting with Field Maps? For example if the field crew have completed inputting their data in Field Maps, GIS editors in the office gets a notification, and they can review the data and add it to finalized data in a central repository. If so, is it possible with the Classic or Service version?

I've only seen examples of integration with ArcGIS Workforce and Survey123

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @AJ_devaccount 

Thanks for reaching out about this! 

We have plans to support the integration of Workflow Manager Server (service version) with ArcGIS Workforce. You will be able to create the Workforce assignment from a step in the Workflow Manager workflow, complete the field work using any of the apps it integrates with (including Field Maps), and then continue the Workflow Manager job once the assignment is complete.

At the moment, we do not have a set timeline to complete this work. Is there a specific timeline you are working with in your organization? 

Jonathan

0 Kudos
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @JFarmer! So Field Maps can only be connected to Workflow through Workforce? I guess it's not possible to connect Field Maps directly to Workflow? Just asking because currently we do not use Workforce

We don't have a timeline for when we might use Workflow, just exploring it for now

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@AJ_devaccount 

I just want to be clear that, currently, this hasn't been implemented in Workflow Manager Server. But, yes, we are planning to utilize ArcGIS Workforce in our integration with Field Maps.

Having said that, I do have some questions on your workflow if you don't mind? There may be a way to handle an integration currently or give us some things to consider with future product development.

• Can you tell me what work the field crews would do in Field Maps? Are they creating new data? Editing attributes? Attachments?
  • Are your field workers using strictly mobile devices, laptops, something else?
  • Is this field workflow part of a larger organizational workflow (or is that the goal)? 

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

@JFarmer 

Thanks for following up! For your questions:

• field crew do create new data, and edit existing data. They also sometimes attach photos
  • in the field it's mostly cell phones and ipads
  • we already use Field Maps (not Workforce), and were thinking maybe WFM could improve workflow efficiency between the office and field staff

Happy to answer any other qs 🙂

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@AJ_devaccount 

We do have some more questions but I'm starting to think this may be better handled on a call rather than here. Would you be open to discussing this in more detail? Feel free to email me at jfarmer@esri.com and we can set something up.

Jonathan

0 Kudos