Select to view content in your preferred language

How to access data from other tables or layers?

08-01-2024 01:02 PM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

We have a table that stores 2 fields with the required information: regional office and region email.

Example:

REGIONEMAIL
region 1email 1
region 2email 2

Our workflow documents the regional office for each assigned job as an extended property that is updated when the supervisor create the job.  Is there a was to linked or access the region email information (or any other value for that matter) at an specific step?  The idea is that depending on the regional office assigned to a job, when a step runs a notification is send to that regional office email.

Thanks in advance.

Ulises Feliciano Troche
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MargoHuang
New Contributor II

Hi Ulises,

I believe you can use this Arcade function - 

JobExtendedProperty(job_id, table_name, field_name, {return_domain_description})

Please check out ESRI documentation here. Extended property functions 

Hope this helps!

Margo

0 Kudos
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Margo,

thanks for the feedback.  Not sure if this works since I do not capture the email in the extended properties, just the region name. Each region has a specific email address.  I haven't found a way to automatically insert email 1 for region 1 in the correspondent attribute.

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
MargoHuang
New Contributor II

I see. How many regions do you have? If there is not a lot, I will create a dictionary using region as key and email as value. And use Arcade to get the email from the dictionary based on region input. Hope this helps!

Margo

0 Kudos