exporting/importing workflow

01-23-2012 12:01 PM
ChuanshengRen
New Contributor
Hi,

Does anyone know whether there is a way to export/import workflow only just like we can do a Job Query export/import? I have been constantly updating some workflows and don't want to do a whole system exporting/importing from one stage to another stage (for example from test to production) because that will require some additional effort (add the AOI mxd???s and Base job MXD???s for each job type, check data workspace, clear out the SMTP Server field.???).

Your help is much appreciated.

Learner
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeremyMirmelstein
Esri Contributor
In addition to exporting the entire system configuration to a JXL file in Workflow Manager Administrator, you can also export individual configuration elements to their own JXL files.  Simply right-click the workflow you have created and select "Send to > Configuration File".  This process writes the configuration file locally so that it can later be imported into another instance of Workflow Manager. 

Also, if you have added connections to multiple Workflow Manager instances in your Workflow Manager Administrator application, you can also send a Workflow directly from one instance to another by right-clicking and selecting "Send to > [name of other WMX instance]".

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
0 Kudos
ChuanshengRen
New Contributor
Hi, Jeremy,

Thanks for reply.

I tried right-click the workflow under Job Types -> Workflow (select or without select the workflow), but there is no "Send to > Configuration File".
I am using JTX configuration Manager 9.3.1., Built 190.

Also could you let me know how to add connections to multiple Workflow Manager instances? Or this is not for 9.3.1.?

Thanks

Learner
0 Kudos
ChuanshengRen
New Contributor
For everyone who is still using 9.3.1:

What Jeremy suggested is for version 10 only. You can�??t do it in 9.3.1. I am waiting for version 10�?�

Learner
0 Kudos
JeremyMirmelstein
Esri Contributor
For everyone who is still using 9.3.1:

What Jeremy suggested is for version 10 only. You can�??t do it in 9.3.1. I am waiting for version 10�?�

Learner

Yes, sorry for the confusion there.  As you mentioned, the functionality that I described is specific to Workflow Manager 10, not JTX 9.3.1.  Unfortunately, you can only be connected to a single JTX Repository with JTX Configuration Manager.  Similarly, there is no way to export individual configuration elements like a single workflow.  The Administrator application was completely rebuilt at version 10, so it's a bit of a different experience...but much easier!

Best,
Jeremy
0 Kudos