Create job from Survey123

Jump to solution
02-03-2019 07:13 PM
LenOlyott1
New Contributor III

We have a public facing Survey123 survey to collect wildlife sightings. Once the sighting is reported, we want to trigger a workflow to act on the report. I am unsure on how to make the reported feature automatically create a job.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamWest1
Esri Contributor

Hi Leonard,

There are a few options for integration with Survey 123 depending on your configuration. One solution would be to use database triggers or write a script to monitor the feature service or database for changes and either create it as a service on the machine or hook it into windows scheduler to run periodically. If you aren't using portal authentication, you should be able to use a headless user and webhooks to accomplish your goal as well. We are looking at making this integration smoother with our revamp, and if you happen to be at Dev Summit or UC feel free to swing by and chat with us at our booth.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!
Sam

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SamWest1
Esri Contributor

Hi Leonard,

There are a few options for integration with Survey 123 depending on your configuration. One solution would be to use database triggers or write a script to monitor the feature service or database for changes and either create it as a service on the machine or hook it into windows scheduler to run periodically. If you aren't using portal authentication, you should be able to use a headless user and webhooks to accomplish your goal as well. We are looking at making this integration smoother with our revamp, and if you happen to be at Dev Summit or UC feel free to swing by and chat with us at our booth.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!
Sam

LenOlyott1
New Contributor III

Hi Sam

Thanks for those ideas. Any examples of Workflow Manager integrating with FME? We have Survey123 talking to FME to trigger notifications but we would like the ability to call an FME Cloud workflow from Workflow Manager.

Kind regards

Len

PS would love to make it to another UC - one day

SamWest1
Esri Contributor

I don't have any examples for the FME Cloud. We generally see people running FME via the data interoperability extension, which you could do as a GP tool from the launch/execute GP step. That may not work with the cloud version of FME, so I'd recommend using the FME Cloud API to write a python script to hit those REST endpoints instead. You should be able to run that script using a custom executable step or wrap it up as a GP tool and run it from the launch/execute GP step in your workflows.

Sam