"Automatically executes when reached" problem

Jump to solution
04-08-2013 06:42 AM
KevinArmstrong
New Contributor
I have a series of "housekeeping" workflow steps (Reconcile and Post -> Delete MXD -> Delete Version -> Assign to User Group) that I would like to run without user interactions.  According to this link that should be possible.

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2011/12/13/leveraging-geoprocessing-in-arcgis-workflow-manager-par...

However, none of the steps where I mark the "Automatically executes when reached" check box in the "Advanced Options" section actually starts when reached.  I still have to click on the "Run Step" button in Workflow Manager.  Are there any other system setting that need set to allow automatic execution of workflow steps?  Does automatic execution only work on certain step types?  I have attached an screen shot showing my current step settings.  All four steps that I mention above have identical settings to the screen shot with the exception of the values in the "Execution Properties" and "Step Name" section.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sagihadas
New Contributor III
Dear Kevin,

I asked the "WMX team" the same question, that's the answer I got:

"With regards to the last question about automatically execute step ??? At 10, you have to use the ???double play??? >>  button as oppose to the regular play > button. This is assuming that you have authored the workflow step with the automatically execute option checked. "

I hope you get an answer your question,

Hadas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sagihadas
New Contributor III
Dear Kevin,

I asked the "WMX team" the same question, that's the answer I got:

"With regards to the last question about automatically execute step ??? At 10, you have to use the ???double play??? >>  button as oppose to the regular play > button. This is assuming that you have authored the workflow step with the automatically execute option checked. "

I hope you get an answer your question,

Hadas
0 Kudos
KevinArmstrong
New Contributor
Hadas,

Thank you for the info, it does answer my question.  I had neglected the controls on the Workflow tab and was focused only on the main application toolbar.  It all works properly now that I know the correct button to press.
0 Kudos