Select to view content in your preferred language

Manage Feature Temaplates

07-26-2024 12:49 PM
Labels (1)
DeniseJensen_wgfd
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is there a way to manage feature templates in the web editor? Since the June 2024 AGOL update the manage button has disappeared in the map viewer classic maps. I would like to move the workflow into the web editor or map viewer but can not find a way to manage the feature templates. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@DeniseJensen_wgfd thanks for your question. The ability to manage feature templates is not in Web Editor but it is a project that is being worked on. The current plan is for this to be available in Map Viewer with the Fall release of Online later this year.

We don't have any plans to also include it in Web Editor, as we'd like to keep the Web Editor focused on editing tasks and workflows, with authoring tasks and workflows done in Map Viewer.

Craig

0 Kudos
DeniseJensen_wgfd
New Contributor II

@CraigGillgrass Thanks for the update! It will be great to have it in at least one of them so we can move away from classic. Any thoughts on why the manage button went away in classic? We still need the functionality between now and fall. 

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeniseJensen_wgfd

I’m sorry you’re having trouble managing templates. The ‘Manage‘ button has not been removed from Classic. I am able to see it. If you are not seeing it, there must be a problem. You may want to reach out to support to log the issue.

EmilyGeo_0-1722284199329.png

In the meantime, you can use Field Maps Designer to manage templates in ArcGIS Online. To get started, follow these steps:

1. In the App launcher, open Field Maps Designer. 
  2. Select the map.
  3. Navigate to the layer.
  4. Open the 'Templates' tab- here you can modify, duplicate, or delete templates.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If it hasn't been removed, where is it hidden now?

RhettZufelt_0-1724351498355.png

This seems to be across the board with ALL web maps I tried.

R_

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@RhettZufelt it's not been hidden, I can confirm it's still there and available.  Maybe this is a permissions or licensing issue - what is your usertype and role?  In the example you show above, do you own the map and feature services in the map?

RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
User Type: Creator
Role: Administrator

I am owner/creator of the Hosted Feature service and the web map.
It's been a month or so since I tried this, but never had any issues until I saw this post yesterday, and 'tested' it.

Further testing it seems that it is happening with existing Map Viewer Classic maps.  If I add the HFS to a new MVC, the Manage option is there and I can edit them.

R_

0 Kudos
DeniseJensen_wgfd
New Contributor II

@EmilyGeo Thanks! I will submit a ticket. It seems everyone in my organization is having the same issue. Thanks for the work around as well!!

0 Kudos
DeniseJensen_wgfd
New Contributor II

I submitted the ticket to ESRI and this is what we found out. If you open an existing Map Viewer Classic map the manage button will not show up. If you go to the feature layer Overview page and on the right say open in Classic then the manage button will be there. 

ClassicModifyButton.PNG

They have submitted it as a bug but with Classic going away, it may not be fixed. They have also reached out to the Map Viewer team to see about getting the manage button in Map Viewer as a higher priority. So we will see what happens.