Select to view content in your preferred language

Make web editor available to Mobile Workers

a week ago
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

I can't see the rationale behind making the web editor only available to Creators and higher. Anyone with a Creator licence already has access to ArcGIS Pro where they can edit their data with the full suite of desktop tools. The real beneficiaries of Web Editor will be Mobile Workers who have been out in the field and are potentially limited by Field Maps editing tools, and wish to tidy up their data when they are back in the office.

The Creator licence type is there for those who wish to create actual content i.e. hosted feature layers, webmaps, dashboards etc. not for those who simply wish to edit existing data.

Please reconsider the restrictive licencing of what, on the the face of it, seems like a really useful addition!

3 Comments
kinodmer

Mobile first development. You basically make the website for a mobile device first and then you change it at different pixel breakpoints so you may go from mobile to minimum screen width 720 to 1080 to 1920. Tailwind has a few defaults for how they go about this that might make more sense than what I put https://9apps.ooo/.

RichardHowe

@kinodmer I think you misunderstand me. "Mobile Worker" is a licence type. As it stands those with that type of licence aren't allowed access to the Web Editor via ArcGIS Online. I just want that changed

SimonRoy1

While the new Web Editor is a great addition (we were looking for this for a long time), I was also really suprised that it can't be used by mobile workers. They would be the main users in our workflows as well.

I strongly support your suggestion.